Solving the Foreclosure Crisis one Homeowner at a Time
What is a CDPE?
A Certified Distressed Property Expert® is a real estate professional with specific understanding of the complex issues confronting the real estate industry, and the foreclosure avoidance options available to homeowners. Through comprehensive training and experience, CDPEs are able to provide solutions for homeowners facing hardships in today’s market, specifically short sales.
The prospect of foreclosure can be financially and emotionally devastating, and often homeowners proceed without guidance of any kind. The developers of the CDPE Designation believe that the best course of action for a homeowner in distress is to speak with a well-informed, licensed real estate professional. They have the tools needed to help homeowners find the best solution for their situation. Often, when other options have been exhausted, CDPEs can help homeowners avoid foreclosure through the efficient execution of a short sale.
While enduring financial difficulties is challenging for any family, the process of finding a qualified real estate professional should not be. Selecting an agent with the CDPE Designation ensures you are dealing with a professional trained to address your specific needs.
CDPEs don’t merely assist in selling properties, they serve and help save their clients in need.
Short Sale Myths
1. Short Sales are Impossible and Never Get Approved
2. Banks are Not Accepting Short Sales; They are Waiting on a Bailout
3. A Borrower Must be Behind in Their Mortgage in Order to Negotiate a Short Sale
4. Buyers are Not Interested in Short Sales and Avoid Them
5. Bank Would Rather Foreclose than Bother with a Short Sale
6. There is not Enough Time to Negotiate a Short Sale Before Foreclosure